Tuesday, October 29, 2013

I took Chris Baty's advice....and I'm scared

I love No Plot, No Problem!. It's a book of awesome things, and re-reading it never gets old.

Last night I was reading a thing about chore-based betting, and I've always loved that idea. During one of my 2012 NaNos, I did that with my sister. If I didn't reach a certain word count, I'd have to do something for her and/or give her something. Needless to say, I made that 50k. xD

This NaNo, I thought "Hey, to help motivate me for my insane word count goal for 250k, why not do it again?"

My sister always tires of hearing me talk about NaNoWriMo, but this time she was more than happy to have me talk about it a bit. She wrote out a list of things like she did last year, and honestly, I was getting a bit frightened. Well, frightened is actually an understatement. I was scared! xD She's been begging me for the top bunk of our beds and my Doctor Who "Keep Calm and Don't Blink" t-shirt for the longest time. Needless to say, she wrote those into the list.

Here's the list:

If I don't reach-
30,000 words: Do whatever she says for the entire day

50,000 words: Give her 10 dollars

70,000 words: Do her hip-hop routine with her as many times as she wants.

100,000 words: Do her jobs (chores) for the day.

150,000 words: Do her jobs for a week.

200,000 words: Give her my top bunk.

250,000 words: Give her my "Don't Blink t-shirt

Yeah, this is a huge motivator. I don't doubt my ability to write those words, I doubt my ability to have enough projects to last that long! So far I have one novel (edit: two novels, actually), two novellas, and a bunch of fanfic that I'm going to write.

She also told me (with a very, very devious look on her face) that she has a "bunch of distractions planned".

Oh Baty help me.


No comments:

Post a Comment