Sunday, September 29, 2013

I've struggled with asthma most of my life. I had bad asthma attacks in my sleep as a kid (under the age of 10, might I add). My parents would come in and sit me up, help me relax etc. Strangely enough, I only remember one of them. (Creepy!) I was on my knees and up against the wall, wheezing, then I turned and my parents shadows were in the doorway, and that's all I remember.

Lately I've been walking more for endurance and stuff. I know there's not a cure yet for asthma, but I figured why not try to get my lungs in the best shape I can despite the asthma. And I'll confess that, at first, the walks were tiring. Sometimes I did have to take a puff or two of my inhaler afterwards.

But lately, I've been coming home feeling better. Not so out of breath or tired. A good sign! This is quite encouraging.

I'm not sure how I *got* the asthma. I was heavily vaccinated as a child (no longer, thank goodness) and I have had a variety of allergy, asthma, and hormone issues. Jessica had bad health issues as a young child, but the only thing she has to deal with now is severe nosebleeds (which she hasn't had in a while). TJ and Gracie weren't vaccinated, and they're very healthy.....I don't really want to get into the vaccine argument, so I'll stop there. xD

Anyways, I'm determined to not let asthma stop me. I've danced for nearly 8 years and have been successful with it (aka not collapsing from being out of breath xD). I hope that in my lifetime, someone will find a cure from asthma, but until then I'm going to strive towards getting my lungs in better shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment