Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Burned Out

*** I've been up for...18ish hours? This probably isn't going to be coherent. At all. ***

I haven't worked on my novel, Prisoners of The Mind, in about a week now? I've never taken such a long break from any project, but in all honesty, I've never worked on a draft of something for 5 months only to be trashing and constantly rewriting whatever I come up with.

My good friend Brett Jonas rekindled my love for the project, but it was only temporary. In all honesty, I'm tired of writing that novel. It's been my hardest project yet. I'm just tired. I never make any progress and everything I write for it is crap.

I know this all sounds incredibly amateurish of me. And it probably is. I think part of the reason I've been struggling is because I have other things stressing me out (my dad's illness, etc) so it's hard to put the appropriate amount of brainpower needed into focusing on my novel.

Or maybe I'm just burned out. Maybe I've focused too long on one project and my brain has decided to throw in the towel. Either way, I need some space on this novel. I love the characters, but when I'm bored with what I'm doing and hating what I come up with and stressed out with it instead of enjoying it, I think that means a break is needed.

Anyways, I'm working on a short story (untitled as of now) and will hopefully finish it *soon*. It's running longer than I expected. But at least I'm writing something.

**Also my brain insists that "burned out" doesn't look right. If I'm wrong, I'm sorry. I haven't had any sleeps yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment