Tuesday, February 11, 2014

SUPER AWESOME BLOG POST OF WRITERLY THINGS

I'm out of caffeine. Have been all day. I don't count the tea I've had as caffeine, because it's not strong enough to actually have an affect on me since I drink Coke all the time. So if this post is a little bit scatter-brained and ALL! OVER! THE! PLACE!, you know why.

Since January 1st, I've been working on revising my NaNo novel. And long story short, I've had two false starts on it. Now I'm on my third try of it and hoping to God I don't have to start back at Chapter 3 AGAIN.

I am, nonetheless, making a good amount of progress. While actually getting some words out, I've also got someone from the NaNo forums who has offered to edit my entire novel and give their critique on it. Holy moly, this person has got a LOT of work ahead of them, but I'm lucky to have this person nonetheless. They've caught so many errors that I couldn't have ever caught on my own.

While that person is my main CP, I've also got a second one who I send random paragraphs of my novel to so that she can give her advice on it. She's my full-blown beta reader, offering the occasional edit or advice on word choice, etc. I'm very lucky to have her too. :3

My original goal for this month was to have 15 completed chapters by the 28th. With my trashing six chapters and my only having saved 2, I don't know if I can get to there in the next 17 days. Right now I'm preparing for some dance performances in March (a showcase here in the town then a regional competition in another town), and there is a lot to be done. Besides cleaning all the numbers, I have to make sure that I have all of my costumes and their accessories together in the bags, my jazz shoes need to be cleaned, and yeah. Lots and lots of fun stuff. xD

Nonetheless, progress is progress. I WILL have this second draft finished by the end of this year. :)

1 comment:

  1. Always look on the positive note, progress is progress! YAY! *sends cookies and waves pom poms* You can do this!

    ReplyDelete