Friday, February 21, 2014

A Short February Recap

This month has flown by!

A lot has been going on. From writing (obviously ;) ) and preparing for the dance performances I have next month (a showcase/recital and a competition), I've been kept busy. But the good kind of busy.

This month one of my goals was to edit/revise a poem and submit it somewhere. But after spending some time on my pieces, I've decided that my poetry just isn't ready. I'm still struggling with it and I'm not 100 percent confident that they're ready to be out there just yet. Heck, I'm not sure they'll ever be. I've been writing poetry for over a year now and 99.999999999% of the time, I suck at it. It's awful. :P So for now, I'll just keep working at it.

On the subject of my novel, Prisoners of The Mind, I'm finally getting somewhere with it. After ditching two false starts to this second draft, I know where I want to go with this. I have two lovely CPs who are helping me along the way and keeping me on track. Right now I'm currently on Chapter 5 and loving the scene I'm working on. I hope that, with the necessary edits and rewrites, it'll be something awesome that future readers will enjoy.

Progress is happening. Slowly but surely, it's happening (and yes I know I say that a lot). :)

No comments:

Post a Comment